Flexitank is made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This version was an alternative to rubber flexitank because PVC was cheaper and lighter. PVC flexitank is also a non-food grade tank.
The positioning and cleaning of the tank is a big challenge. Leakage of this tank occurs frequently and sometimes the entire tank may burst.
Flexitank is a flexible container, similar to a carton, with capacities from 5000 to 200,000 liters.
- Deliveries door to door.
- No need of intermediate in bulk storage.
- Disposable in remote regions.
- Low cost placing.
- Fast placing be air loading.
- Material is kept clean in warehouse.
- Product without risk of pollution.
- Vacuum pack, no oxidation.
- Low weight.
- Lower load cost than barrels or IBC's.
- Useful load of container of 20 feet, 15% more than IBC's.
- Useful load of container of 20 feet, 44% more than barrels.
- Folded takes up only 2% of load size.
- Low cost of investment.
- No need of load return.
- Faster loading and unloading than barrels.
- Less work force in manipulation, loading and unloading.
- No need of hoist or derrick to load or unload container.